Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Starting to feel at home

Crazy week and a half - in a good way.

I went on my M-Trek. It was a lot of fun! I really liked the people from my trip. I half thought of it as a cross between the Real World and Survivor but without the cameras. Or maybe more like Road Rules w/o cameras - several strangers picked to hang out...But like any trip, we've come back with some funny (well, we thought they were funny) stories, inside jokes, and great memories. Highly recommended for incoming MBA1's. i'm trying to see if I want to lead a M-trek next year. I'll think about that. I can see a L.A./San Diego trek.

I came back from my M-Trek, checked my car shipping company's website to see if Car ever left the bay area terminal. To my surprise, Car was in Michigan, waiting for me to pick her up - 3 days early! So, fromcali and Car were reunited!

I also got cable, and the boxes i shipped myself, so I'm still setting up the place. I got my student ID card (free bus service!). I'm still without couch and coffee table, but with my stuff (pictures, books, etc), Ann Arbor is starting to feel like "home". I've been hanging out with some friends that I've met at GBR and other events.

Things are still going well - Ross Leadership Program (aka orientation) starts Thursday. I'm looking forward to that - partially to meet the rest of the class and my section-mates, and partially to have somewhat of a routiene. That'll make me really feel like I'm living here instead of on an extended vacation. I'm finally starting to figure out my way around here - and can get to any major store (Target, Walmart, Costco, IKEA, Kroger, etc). It'll still take a while to adjust to driving around here - especially the way people merge on the freeway.

2 Comments:

Blogger brownoski said...

can't wait to hear what michigan football games are like

8/27/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Welcome! I've added you to my blog links!

8/28/2006 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home