Sunday, July 02, 2006

I LOVE Craigslist

OK, shortly after my whiney post, I posted just a few items on CL: my IKEA dresser and nightstand, my slightly nicer small desk and tv stand, my small dining room set, and my bedroom TV and stereo.

And in less than 24 hours, I sold my dresser and nightstand, (they kind of matched), my small desk, and bedroom TV. Score! Now I just have to sell the big items - bed, couch, TV, coffee table, and the smaller things (kitchen appliances, odds 'n' ends). I'm not looking to make a ton of money off of stuff but $$ is better than nothing. Plus, I'm going to stash the cash in a separate wallet I don't use so I can have some extra cash when I move.

I don't know why, but for some reason I was having cold feet about posting my stuff on Craigslist. It really felt like I'm starting to close a chapter of my life. Or maybe it's not as symbolic - I now have to either hang up my clothes or live out of boxes/suitcases for the next month and a half.

I still love Craigslist though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I don't know how I lived w/o Craigslist! The one annoying thing about it though is that you sometimes get people making an apointment to come see your stuff and they never show up!

7/03/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

Marina - i totally agree! I don't know how people ever moved before Craigslist. I haven't had the flakiness problem yet. (knock on wood)

889 - I was going to do that if I hadn't gotten rid of stuff as it got closer to the end of July.

7/04/2006 4:29 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Do you already have a place to live by school? I JUST got my assignment email and I am ONLY 3 blocks away from the B-School Buildings!!! And all that for a mere $833 a month plus $25 for ethernet, all utilities included. That is less than what I paid in San Francisco!!!

7/06/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger KV said...

yeah craigslist does indeed rock...

7/07/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger MBA Cutie said...

I don't know how I ever sold anything before craigslist!

7/22/2006 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home