Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm old...

One of my best friends just finished her first year at a different top 10 school. She is so sweet – very excited for me, and she mentioned she was jealous of me because I’m about to embark on this adventure and she’s halfway done with hers. Anyway, she’s been in town for the past several days. And while I’ve had oh-so-much fun hanging with her, I realized just how old I am. One nite, a group of us went to Cha Cha Cha, for yummy sangria and tapas, followed by bar hopping and dancing. After two small glasses of sangria, I felt “happy”. After the 4th, I was gone and got really tired – at 9:15pm. We then found ourselves fighting sleep and struggling to keep up with dancing – at 11:30pm. I would look at our area and see different ones of us sleeping at various times. Somehow, we managed to fight on like little troopers and lasted until about 12:30, then went home via a cab. I can’t drink like I did when I was 18 – and I’m only 26. I also am typically the driver (I’m the only one of this group of friends that owns a car – I live in the East Bay and friends are carless in SF), so I’m not used to having more than my ½ beer when I go out. I have GOT to get my tolerance up before b-school! :)

Not a whole lot has been going on with the cross-country move front. I’m trying to figure out how long it’ll take to sell stuff on craigslist. I’m nervous about picking a car shipper because I don’t know of any. I think I’m going to ask the HR people at my old company who they use when they move people. My current company is small and doesn’t relocate people often.

Speaking of the current job, I’m thinking of giving the company 4 weeks notice – so that’s about one more month of secrecy. Some have asked me why I don’t just tell my company. The reason is that I’ve been at my company for less than a year. A LOT of crap has gone on, and I quickly realized that this wasn't the direction I wanted to go. And since I had been thinking about applying, I decided to just go ahead and apply to see what happened. The height of the crap coincided with my acceptances, so I kept thinking how glad I was that I applied when I did instead of waiting a year like I had intially planned. I think I’ll write a ‘tips for people sneakily applying to b-school’ post later. There’s an untapped blogger market segment!

I’m getting ready for an out-of-town event next weekend. I’m excited that 1) I don’t have to go to work tomorrow, and 2) next week is also a short week due to my vacation. YIPPEE!

Happy Memorial Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger brownoski said...

Craigslist is so fast. Depending on how cheap you post stuff, I got responses in the bay area within a few hours.

5/29/2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

Cool! Glad to hear Craigslist is so cheap. I don't have that much stuff, so I'm thinking I'll be in good shape.

5/30/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

"I have GOT to get my tolerance up before b-school! :)"

I am planning to join the class next fall :) As a prespective MBA student Shuld I also start working on this ;-) !!!!

6/12/2006 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home