Tuesday, May 02, 2006

First Post

Hey Everybody!

So I thought I'd start this blogging thing. I've enjoyed reading everyone else's blogs during the application and decision-making process so I feel like I should contribute. Also, I've heard that nobody has any free time once they go to B-School, so this should be a good way for people to see what I'm up to (while I journal my experiences). So, this will start with me making my final preparations for the big move and (hopefully) continue once I start my MBA life.

About me: I'm a Californian, born and bred. I lived in the Northeast for a while, and promised myself that I'd never voluntarily move to a place with cold weather and snow again. So, I had the "classic" Duke v. Michigan decision (and a few other schools too) and chose Michigan. I guess I forgot that it snowed in Ann Arbor. I'll be attending in the fall and I'm really excited! Let's hope that I don't regret this in the middle of February.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, yes, this is the same "fromcali" from the Wharton s2s messageboards.

Here's to happy blogging!

6 Comments:

Blogger brownoski said...

welcome to the blogging world, do you live in North or Southern Cal?

5/02/2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

pupstar78 - thanks for the congrats! I got my Michigan and Duke admits before my Wharton ding so while I was sad about Wharton (esp. after staying up all nite), I was still excited that I got in somewhere.

brownoski - I'm a L.A. native who now lives in the bay area. I've been in bay area since 1997, in the East Bay since 2001.

5/02/2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

welcome to the blogging world. Michigan, though cold, is a fabulous school to be in - and you surely will forget the cold amidst the warm collegial environment. Wish you good luck.

5/02/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Hi,

Glad to 'meet' new Bloggers, I too started recently.

Good Luck and Happy Blogging!

5/03/2006 5:28 AM  
Blogger brownoski said...

I'm trying to organize a bay area blogger trip to Napa this Sunday, May 7. Email me if you're interested.

5/03/2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

forrest - thanks for the good wishes. i'm really excited about it!

smiley - great, nice to 'meet' new bloggers. i like the smiley face.

brownoski - this weekend doesn't work. :( have fun at napa.

5/04/2006 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home