Friday, June 08, 2007

Getting used to work again...

Wow, long time no blog. It's been a month! Insane! Between finishing school, travelling a little bit, visiting friends/family, moving to new place (again), trying to find my way around (again), new job, new lingo, new coworkers, new boss...let's just say I've been busy. Good busy though - Michigan ends EARLY, so I've kind of been bored for about a month with nothing to do.

Things are going well. I'm liking my project, my boss seems cool, I like my fellow interns, and this company is a really good fit for me. It's definitely going to be a challenging job but I can get a lot out of it. My goal: get an offer. No matter if I see myself here full-time, getting the offer is going to make life in the fall much better. I am still nervous about my project b/c it seems kinda huge, but we'll see...I know it'll be good once I figure it out. Hell, if I can figure out the MAP lingo (and MAP is basically a 6-week internship), I can figure out my new company lingo.

Although things are going well - there are some challenges. Mostly getting used to working again. It's hard to get up, have to actually plan an outfit (instead of the jeans/t-shirt that happens to be clean combo at b-school), get to the office, and stay there all day. I'm a little nervous that b-school has decreased my attention span and my capacity to actually be at one place for longer than an hour and a half...Everyone is going through this. Though it will be nice to get paid. :) And to look forward to receiving money that I don't have to pay back eventually!

More to come during the summer as I figure things out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be a very important post. make it comprehensive please :)

as far as chicago is concerned - i am part excited and part scared. as you probably know, change is difficult, and travelling across the globe to make chicago my new home would need some alterations - but i know i will survive ;)

6/08/2007 5:08 AM  
Blogger matt said...

WOO HOO, Go Blue! :)

6/15/2007 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home