Thursday, April 26, 2007

First Year of B-School is Done!

With all of the MAP craziness, I haven't had time to check my fromcali e-mail or ClearAdmit to see the results. I'm very happy that I was in the top 3! (I guess that makes me the "Wharton" of student bloggers.) Thanks for all of your support and votes, and I'm glad I was helpful. Also - I'm now trying to decide between the economist and business week. I'm leaning towards the economist but am still unsure. Congrats to the rest of the top ranked bloggers!

Here's a summary of events from my last post (and over the last week) which explains why I almost forgot about BoB until I had time to check my gmail.

* Spend a lot of time finalizing the faculty presentation.
* MAP Faculty Presentation.
* Spend time making edits based on faculty comments and "feedback" they gave us after our presentation. Wonder why I never heard these questions or concerns despite our having shown them earlier drafts of this and explaining what we've been doing before. Also, spend time incorporating their feedback and and trying to tailor it for the sponsor - read: spend less time describing the company and the project and get to the recommendations.
* Deliver MAP Sponsor Presentation.
* (While doing powerpoint edits) - try to come up with a 30 page paper and what seems to be endless appendices. Realize it's hard to make a group 30 page paper not look like several individual 5 of 6 page papers slapped together. It's REALLY REALLY hard to make it read as one cohesive unit.
* Get ready to print and turn in after realizing you can't just email it to the professor (ugh).
* Realize that the paper (which at this point with appendices and figures is WELL over 50 pages) isn't allowed to be printed on a regular printer. Dig up email with printing specifications (high quality paper, etc) and spend time going to get professional printing and binding done by our 3pm deadline today.
* Turn in project.

Now off to celebrate! Yay! I'm half of a MBA now! Time FLEW! I swear just yesterday i was getting here for RLP.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

Congratulations on the BoB, you always deserved it. And see, the speech idea worked I guess ?

4/30/2007 11:52 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

so you have one more year to write that perfect speech for the next BoB. start prepping. learn from likes of Barrack Obama.

Sad that I might be in the race alongside with an eye on the iPod myself...(if at all i get time at school)....

5/01/2007 1:11 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

ok, i type fast too, that's one hurdle down.

procrastination - i think i can compete for the king's spot...

looks like we have a winner. if only all others in the blogging community agree for me and vote...i can easily steal the iPod you so want ;))

5/01/2007 1:21 AM  
Blogger Iday said...

Hey - thanks for dropping in at the blog.

Thanks for your wishes :) Congrats again to you, for the BoB award.

5/01/2007 2:18 AM  
Blogger Rico's Mom said...

Congrats on a completed year of b-school and a BoB! Enjoy the summer!

5/01/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger brownoski said...

Congrats on getting in top 3 and finishing 1st year. Our team actually won the MIT Littlefield competition so we're pretty excited about that. Hope you enjoy your summer!!

5/02/2007 1:05 AM  
Blogger brownoski said...

WE BELIEVE!!! Baron Davis is fun to watch

5/04/2007 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home