Sunday, March 25, 2007

Belated Congrats to R2 Admits -- and a MAP Update

Belated Congratulations to R2 Admits! Some friends and I jokingly say that we're glad we applied when we did since applications skyrocketed this year and we aren't sure if we would have gotten in. I've gotten a few emails about things so I thought I'd comment here.

Football tickets are very easy to get. Newly matriculated students have a window in June (i think it was the middle two weeks) to order tickets online. So long as you order in that timeframe, you get season tickets. This year's home game schedule includes Notre Dame and Ohio State. Awesome!

You don't need a car per say but it's really nice to have. I have one but that's b/c Californians by nature are very car-dependent. Lots of people don't have one so that's fine too. If you don't have one, you probably want to live close to campus b/c the city buses here are iffy after about 7:30 pm.

Housing isn't that hard to find, but decide how nice of a place you want, how far away from campus you want to live, and if you want a roommate. Closer to campus means more expensive and not as nice. Farther away you get more for your money but then you have to get to school (often by driving) so you pay for parking anyway.

MAP update. If week 1 was "welcome to MAP" and week 2 was "wow, this can really be helpful to me professionally", then week 3 was "oh crap now I have to figure out what we're gonna say to our sponsor". We're knee-deep in research right now, trying to learn as much as possible about the industry and where our sponsor (client) fits into it. I have been impressed at how the frameworks actually do come in handy for real life situations - so we can understand what's going on. I'm getting the sense that our sponsor is really expecting A LOT from us - and now I'm wondering if I'm thinking broadly (or strategically) enough. It's also nerve-wracking to make sure we come up with recommendations they can actually implement. I was thrown a bit of a curveball with research. I saw something that seemed to be a great potential recommendation only to learn that it wasn't as great as I thought. So now I'm back to more analysis. Did I mention how glad I am that I'm going through these "learning pains" now instead of during the summer?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AGirlsMBA said...

Thanks! Ha I feel you on being nervous ... Clicking on the "Your Decision is Available Online" is one of the most nerve-wracking clicks ever!

3/28/2007 8:41 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

thanks for your comment miss. i hope the AA weather is treating you well these days ?

3/31/2007 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home